Thursday 23 June 2016

Life Update and NHL Award Show!

Has anybody else also realized something about life?
That, no matter how much you plan something for your life, it just never goes the way you planned it? Or is it just me?
Every single time I try to plan something in my life, like a plan to reach a goal. Life just won't let me do everything on my list of plans. But I still end up reaching that goal in another way.
I should have learned from the past situations that all I need to do it let go, and leave it up to fate. But it's the human nature side of me, that fears the unknown and the future and rather like to plan and be prepared.
But none of my plans usually play out the way I want it to, and I just end up getting disappointed.
One of my plans right now is getting a part time job that gives me stable and steady set of hours on a weekly basis. Even though I love working at Rogers Arena, the hours are too unstable because it is month to month based off of events scheduled. I had an interview last week for a job that would have been perfect. The hours, the days, the location and the position. But I have yet to hear from them and I thought the interview went well. It was a stressful situation for me. Because that day, after working in the morning, I was heading to my interview, but that was also the day transit decided to give me a little hard time. My bus was 20 mins late, there was horrible traffic and an ambulance that blocked a very busy, one way, 2 lane street. And because I didn't want to be late for my interview, I got off at the stop after the street jam with the ambulance and ran 6-7 blocks to my interview. I made it just in time, which is also not my style because I like to be 10 mins early for interviews. Usually I am because I have excellent time management, but that faithful day, transit decided to be an asshole to me.
But I am sure, everything happens for a reason and that maybe there will be a better opportunity.

Another one of my plans were to get my medical terminology so I can apply to be a casual over at registration in the hospital and pick up overtime shifts. But only to find out because we work for the union, they really hate giving overtime and also shifts are based off of seniority list and that if they do offer overtime it will go to the most senior person first. And if I am already working full time hours then they won't even call me for casual shifts at registration because I already worked full time hours unless nobody else takes it and I am thee very final last resort. Ultimately meaning; not even worth going through the trouble. But I have already signed up for the medical terminology course online, and currently taking it. Either way, having it will be useful. The bright side of things are that, even though I am a casual at my current job, I have been getting full time hours since I got hired because we are so short staffed. And my supervisor was telling me, even if I applied to be a casual over at registration, I can't work the shifts until I get training and I can't get training because she needs me at our department, because there is a bunch of vacations coming up all the way until Dec 2016-Feb 2017 and I'm most likely needed full time till then. So another one of my plans busted.

But it's okay, I'm sure I'll find the perfect part time job to replace my current one.

Besides life, exciting event went down with the NHL Awards Show!
I know many hockey fans are not huge fanatics about the NHL Award show but I am a fan of anything hockey related!
Jagr won the Masterton Trophy!! Well deserved, and totally was rooting for him!
I'm also very happy to hear, he will be playing once again next season with the Florida Panthers. (fingers crossed that Florida Panthers will dominate the season and the playoffs next year and win that cup!!!)

Shea Weber won the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award! My favourite defensemen in the NHL!!

And our very own Vancouver Canucks captain, Henrik Sedin won the King Clancy Memorial Trophy. Henrik deserves it. For all that he and Daniel and their family give back to our city. The time that they give to charities and different non profit organizations. I don't know if there is another NHL captain out there that puts in that much time in giving back like Henrik Sedin does!

You guys know what I'm about to say next..... Vezina should have gone to Roberto Luongo!!! The goalies nominated this year are all great. But come on!!! Luongo at 37 years old, took the Florida Panthers to double overtime in game 5 and 6! Yeah, they lost to New York Islanders, but the effort he gave!! 4 shut outs this season, and made 51 saves out of 52 shots in one of the play off games in round 1. Of course someone like Holtby could do it too, but he's young. You have to consider age in this matter!! Still going to disagree with the Vezina going to Holtby, should have gone to Luongo!

And the NHL Foundation Player Award should have went to P.K Subban. He donated over a million dollars (I forgot exact amount) of his own money to the Children's Hospital in Montreal. Holy s***!! I don't know what Mark Giordano has done, but at least for this year's award, I strongly go by with P.K Subban.

On top of the award show, the Canucks have announced that they will be inducting player #6 to the Ring of Honour!!!!!! Anybody else making guess's to who it could be?! A retired Canucks player? Or an ex-Canucks player but still playing in the NHL?!
Some people are guessing it's Pavel Bure, or Mattias Ohlund. I haven't watched the Canucks play for a long time, only since 2010. But out of the list of potential nominees for the 6th spot, I am hoping it is Sami Salo. What he did during that 2010 playoffs, it was a true defense move from a real defensemen. Then to come back during 2011 to be there to help the team go as far as they could in the playoffs. He was one of our best defensemens! I was very sad when Canucks traded him. He had killer slap shots, he was good defensively and offensively.
I hope it is Sami Salo!!!

And a little inside sources have told me that, after Roberto Luongo officially retires from the NHL, the Vancouver Canucks are planning on retiring his #1 in Rogers Arena and inducting him in the Ring of Honour!!!!! =D Well, I damn hope so. After everything he has done for this city, in this city and for this country!! And besides the Sedins, Luongo was the other Canucks player that gave a lot of his time to charities and the community.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that!
Just Be You!

No comments:

Post a Comment