Wednesday 15 June 2016

Let's Chat About Hockey!

You know my first official blog post is going to have to be about hockey!
Once in awhile I will still write about hockey.

The playoffs this year, is not what I expected at all. I predicted that the Florida Panthers will win round 1 against New York Islanders, advance to round 2 against Tampa Bay Lightning, win against the Lightning then advance to round 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins (I saw them beating Washington Capitals), then lose to Penguins in round 3. So I did for see the Penguins possibly going to the finals. It was a toss up between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals. Honestly, was disappointed by the Capitals. They did so well in the regular season, while Penguins struggled a bit. Yet, it was the Penguins that had the drive and hunger for the cup that beat out the Capitals. But I never saw San Jose being in the finals. I would have thought it would have been Anaheim Ducks. I was just glad to see some new teams in the finals this time around. I got sick of seeing the LA Kings, Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. Too repetitive. (lol)

-- Side Note: Yes I watched all the games in round 1 of Florida Panthers vs. New York Islanders. And yes I did cry when Florida Panthers lost in game 6 in double overtime. But I am hoping they will just do better next year!! --

The Vancouver Canucks, of course, had one of the worst seasons possible. I believe they came near bottom to last in the Western Conference standings. They made some questionable trades, with Kevin Bieksa. Rumours are that the Vancouver Canucks are looking to trade Dan Hamhuis, Radim Vrbata, Alex Edler and/or Chris Higgins. I agree with trading Alex Edler. He really has not been performing since 2011. I thought that the Vancouver Canucks should have traded Alex Edler long before Kevin Bieksa. As for Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata, I say hold onto them for one more season. Chris Higgins, I would hate to see leave the team, but I see where the organization is coming from wanting to trade Chris Higgins.

I never would have thought, Phil Kessel, would do THAT well with the Pittsburgh Penguins. I honestly thought, Penguins made a bad decision taking him and the Toronto Maple Leafs should have hung onto him. But it all worked out for Kessel and the Penguins. But not so much for the Maple Leafs, yet again.

The news has already been out, one of the best NHL forwards, Pavel Datysuik from the Detroit Red Wings has decided to leave the NHL and go back to Russia to play for the Russian hockey team. He is one of my favourite forwards in the NHL, it is a sad to think I'll never get to see Pavel Datysuik play in the NHL again. He's getting close to his retirement age anyways, so it's better for him to finish those last 2-3 years off where he wants to.

Steven Stamkos is on the free agent list!!! Will Tampa Bay Lightning re-sign him? (That is the smart thing to do) or will they let another team swoop in and sign him?! I believe, Stamkos has said he would like to stay with Tampa Bay Lightning. But does anybody else want to see Stamkos play for a Canadian team?! Possibly Ottawa Senators along with Eric Karlsson. OR!! Vancouver Canucks?! But whoever does try to get him, would have to offer a lot on the table. He is one heck of a player!!

That's it for now.
Ms.HockeyTalk


No comments:

Post a Comment